I found some of these links that I couldn't include in the comments section, so I figured a new post would suffice. First and foremost, listen to this youtube video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ptGh_xU2PCc&feature=Responses&parent_video=rTY-9FY13kw&index=0
Warren is a religious pluralist, which is defined as the name of the worldview according to which one's religion is not the sole and exclusive source of truth, and thus that at least some truths and true values exist in other religions.
http://www.independentconservative.com/2008/03/10/skip_pdl_salvation/
Anything that is taught that doesn't exclusively say that the way to eternal life is through Christ is heresy. Rick Warren, who speaks to a reported 22,000 people every Sunday, is saying something different than that. I have no interest in hearing either McCain or Obama in the pulpit, as it is the place to teach God's Word. It isn't for political endorsement or sparring. It can and should be used to further humanitarian efforts, such as AIDS outreaches, but not by people who obviously don't share the same moral conviction that you and I do. This man, Warren, isn't teaching the Bible- he's officially off the reservation.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Why Rick Warren is Lost...
Posted by Jason at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
http://www.apprising.org/archives/2007/04/was_jesus_seeke_2.html
Rick Warren talks and acts like someone with the 'Emerging Church'. This is a new movement that is teaching some of the Bible, mixed with a lot of what people want to hear- a consumer-driven religion. Without talk of sin and redemption, there is no salvation.
Post a Comment